Light and manoeuvrable, the DR650SE adds meaning to dual sport motorcycling with freedom and exhilaration.
If you think the fun begins at the end of the road, you’ve come to the right place. The DR650SE adds new meaning to Dual Sport motorcycling with freedom and exhilaration. Powerful performance both on and off the road, whether beating traffic hassles or enjoying an adventure ride, the performance will surprise you.
The 2016 DR650SE also features usable mid-range grunt, exceptionally smooth operation, a comfortable seat and spacious riding position.
Discover the dual sport the way it was meant to be. The DR650SE will take you there.
- 644cm3, 4-stroke, air-cooled with Suzuki Advanced Cooling System (SACS) engine is tuned with emphasis on powerful performance at low-to-mid engine rpm range.
- Large MIKUNI 40mm (1.6 in) carburetor keeps smooth intake flow and quick throttle response.
- Hollow type wheel axles and aluminum swingarm keep less unsprung weight.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinder for durability, weight reduction and superior heat transfer.
- Lightweight, compact, rigid semi-double cradle frame is built to provide excellent on/off road riding.
- Seat height is optionally lowered by 40mm (from 885mm to 845mm) at SUZUKI dealer. Shorter sidestand is also supplied with this option to match lower height.
- Digitally mapped DC-CDI ignition system provides accurate ignition timing to maintain efficient combustion.
- Innovative cartridge front forks combine the advantage of conventional and inverted forks; smooth progressive action and less below-axle extension.
- Convenient electric starter combines with mechanical automatic decompression system for easy and quick start.
- Link-type rear suspension with piggyback-reservoir shock absorber and adjustable compression damping provides stable performance.
- Solid Special White No.2 (30H)
- Gear-driven single counter balancer system minimizes engine vibration for comfortable ride.
- Front and rear suspension both provides long 260mm (10.2in) wheel travels for superb maneuverability.*
$8999 plus on road costs $450 (plus on-road charges)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, air-cooled, OHC, single cylinder
- Bore x Stroke
- 100 mm x 82 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 9.5 : 1
- MIKUNI BST40, single
- Overall Length
- 2255 mm
- Overall Width
- 865 mm
- Overall Height
- 1195 mm – 1155 mm (with lowering kit)
- 1490 mm
- Ground Clearance
- 265 mm
- Seat Height
- 885 mm – 845 mm (with lowering kit)
- Curb Mass
- Suspension – Front
- Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension – Rear
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brake – Front
- Brake – Rear
- Tyre – Front
- 90/90-21 M/C 54S, tube type
- Tyre – Rear
- 120/90-17 M/C 64S, tube type
- Fuel Tank